Nina? By no means play poker.
The Chi character’s guilt over dishonest on her spouse, Dre, has been rising in depth — and subsequently ever tougher for her to hide — within the weeks since she went house with that rando from the bar. So it’s not stunning that Nina confesses to Dre on this week’s episode, however nonetheless… what’s that social media chestnut? Ah sure: You hate to see it.
The large admission takes place after a bit child bathe at Nina and Dre’s place as a result of Kiesha made good on her assertion from the top of the earlier episode: She’s reclaimed her toddler son from Octavia, and has determined to boost him herself. So Tiffany, Jada (with a newly shaved head, because of her chemotherapy hair loss), Dre and Nina put collectively an impromptu celebration. It’s in all probability not a very good signal when Emmett (who’s there to drop off a present) sees Nina ingesting and says, “You’ve acquired some s–t you’re making an attempt to overlook, huh?” and he’s so dead-on about what she’s feeling, she angrily asks him, “Boy, who you been speaking to?” Nevertheless it’s all only a guess, primarily based on how he has acted prior to now when he’s screwed round. And as they share some cocktails, he advises her to come back clear about her secret, as a result of it’ll solely worsen the longer she waits.
And in a quiet second throughout the occasion, whereas Jada is thanking Nina for “sharing” Dre together with her, Nina does a check run by admitting to the affair. The look on Jada’s face… oof. After which later, after everybody has left for the night, Nina does it for actual. She will be able to barely get the phrases out, she’s crying so exhausting. “I used to be with another person,” she says, apologizing as Dre begins to scream “No!” It’s tough.
Elsewhere within the episode:
* Kiesha takes her time naming her son. After she wakes from a nightmare about Omari and her kidnapping, she remembers Ronnie’s function in rescuing her. So she decides to call the little boy Ronnie.
* Emmett desires to take Tiff out for an actual date, however she’s purported to promote edibles at a intercourse occasion. So he goes together with her, will get an eyeful after which they’ve a quick dialog with the occasion’s hosts about how you can have a profitable open relationship.
* With Douda’s assist, Trig and Imani get Nuck bounced from the lure home. At first, the ladies being saved there are offended, demanding to know the place they’re going to stay and the way they’re going to get by. However then Imani floats the concept of the ladies protecting the home for their very own, and it looks as if it’d work.
* Trig and Tracy’s neighborhood safety group does additionally appear to be working nicely; we see a montage of neighborhood fridges, crimes being stopped and little outdated women being helped throughout the road. However issues get much less rosy when there’s a repeat home scenario at Jamal’s condominium. This time, a gun is concerned. And when Jamal will get the weapon away from his brother-in-law, who’s there to defend Jamal’s spouse from her husband, he shoots the person within the chest and runs away. Because the ambulances arrive, it seems just like the brother-in-law is a goner. Douda’s tackle the scenario? He tells Trig to “be extra cautious.” Useful!
* Jake units up an elaborate promposal in his room as a way to ask Jemma to go to the Spring Fling with him, and he or she says sure, then they dance. It’s very cute!
* Kevin runs into Lynae — whom he ran into when he was volunteering within the final episode — and realizes that she’s acquired a duplicate of a videogame he desires to play. She invitations him to a lounge on the West Facet the place they play. Afterwards, he asks her out however she says she doesn’t consider him that means. Nonetheless, she places her quantity in his telephone earlier than they half methods.
Now it’s your flip. What did you consider the episode? Hold forth within the feedback!